Will Writing – The reasons people don’t make a will
- “We don’t like to discuss our own mortality. Speaking about it can make it seem somewhat more real.” – It’s true that it’s not a comfortable topic to discuss. But the importance of make a will far exceeds the avoidance of discussing it.
- “Aren’t wills expensive?” – Not really, in the big picture, they’re extremely reasonable. CB Financials will writing service charges £231 for a single will, and £315 for a mirror will. We believe this to be extremely reasonable for the peace of mind it’ll deliver.
- “Just haven’t got round to it.” – We understand that people’s lives are busy but it’s important that everyone over the age of 18 makes time for such an important topic.
- “Wills are for people with wealth. I haven’t really got much to leave.” – This is a common misconception but for the vast majority of people, it isn’t true. Most of us have something to leave, but more’s to the point, making a will ensures your final wishes are honoured. For example, do you want to be buried or cremated? What music would you like played at the service?
- “I’ve written down my wishes so I’m covered” – It’s great that you’ve taken the time to do this. But unfortunately, most of these wills would not stand up to scrutiny. A will writing company like CB Financial will ensure your will is both water tight and future proof.
Five reasons you should make a will?
- Making a will provides peace of mind.
- Making a will is essential for estate planning reasons – It ensures your wishes are honoured
- Making a will protects your children – Who would you like your children to be left with in the event of death?
- Making a will speeds up the process
- Making a will is essential for Inheritance planning – A number of measures can be made to ensure you are not leaving your family with a crippling tax liability.